12 August 2014

Robin Williams, Comedic Genius 1951-2014

This isn't my normal fare. I loathe the entertainment world like most people loathe the political one, but I believe this had to be mentioned.

For those who don't already know, Robin Williams died yesterday of asphyxiation in an apparent suicide.

I don't know the man's politics very well, nor do I care. What I *do* know is that, from all accounts, he was a genuine person - a realty in Hollyweird. He did much for our troops, going on 6 separate USO tours, and was very active in raising money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

His comedic genius was legendary, his roles more memorable than not, and he will be sorely missed in a world desperately needing more laughter.

My favorite memories of him are his roles as Mork from Ork and as the Genie in Alladin. Share your memories as we remember the late, great Robin Williams. ~ Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment