22 February 2015

There IS Hope For The Future

Anyone who has known me for a long time knows I've been following politics, with a fervor usually reserved for a favorite sports team, since I was about ten years old. Ronald Reagan was just entering his first term in our highest office, winning in a landslide against what, until recently, had been the worst president in history, Jimmy Carter. Carter was the reason I have never been a liberal (the present-day definition of the word).

Even with following politics so young, I never would have entertained the notion of actually entering politics. Aside from not having the compunction, I wouldn't have had even the foggiest notion how, to enter political life.

That's why my hat goes off to young CJ Pearson. I first heard about him from the Chicks On The Right website. He's a young conservative, ironically raised by democrat parents, who has not only taken an interest in politics, he's entering politics.

CJ has written a bill, HR37, to put before the Georgia General Assembly that would lower the minimum age requirements to serve in state government, which currently stand at 21 years old for the House and 25 for the Senate. Seriously, he's TWELVE!!!

Just listen to this young man and you'll instantly feel the hope for our nation return:


There are far too many adults (read: liberals) who are perpetual children, believing that the world owes them high-paying jobs, financial security, free housing and education, free healthcare and/or health insurance (not working out so well, is it?), etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum, simply because they exist. It's refreshing - invigorating - to hear a young man who just "gets it."

I applaud CJ for taking an active role and interest in politics. I wish him nothing but success in all his endeavors, and if he grows into the man that the child hints at, this nation will be far better off than it is today.

You can follow CJ on Twitter here and on Facebook here. He also blogs for FreedomWorks.

I was still playing with my Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars at twelve... ~ Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment