27 January 2016

Fox News, The Presidential Race, And The Trumpeteers

Yesterday, I made this comment on several Facebook pages discussing Donald Trump backing out of the last Republican debate before the Iowa caucuses that will be aired on Fox News Channel:

If Trump can't handle tough questions from some measly little reporters, how can he handle world leaders who don't agree with him?

I never had a problem with Megyn Kelly's line of questions, mostly because, if nothing else, the last 7-plus years have 
proved that not vetting a candidate's past is devastating for this nation.

Trump is nothing more than the "rich kid bully." He's as far from presidential material as the old wrestler Mick Foley. Let's not mention that his past (right up until he decided to run as a Republican) is decidedly and squarely on the left - somewhere between Hitlery Clintoon and Bernie Sanders.

On the flip side, it'll be nice watching a debate without that bloviating blowhard.


I can't even begin to explain how much hate I've received from Trumpeteers (my pet name for Trump supporters who blindly worship the man, despite his overwhelmingly liberal record). They've even resorted to calling me a "liberal."

Over the course of many "discussions" - which usually involved me attempting to discuss things with people telling me I'm stupid, an idiot, a liberal, a moron, I don't "get it," etc. - I've tried to explain to people that Trump isn't "anti-establishment," he's not presidential material, and here's the most important thing - Trump is NOT a conservative.


Despite the fact the I clearly don't work for Fox News (or any other news organization), I've been told that I need to "wake up to the bias" of Megyn Kelly and Fox News and that I shouldn't fall for them trying to pick our candidate. No kidding geniuses! Thanks for that tidbit.

Let's get something straight here: I don't care who the press wants. The best part of this process is that We the People choose the candidate, not the press. Do they try to influence it? Probably. Do we have to blindly follow them? Nope.

What bothers me is that the people who are blindly following Trump because he says what they want to hear completely disregard everything he's said in the past, especially when they're diametrically opposite to what he espouses now.

If you want to vote for a Democrat, go ahead. That's your choice. But you could at least be honest about who he is and his lifelong beliefs. You owe at least that much to yourself and your kids and grandkids.

Trump is not, nor he he ever been, a conservative. If he wins, don't complain about what he does, and don't say you weren't warned.

I won't say "I told you so." But I did tell you so. ~ Hunter



No comments:

Post a Comment