12 April 2014

Inside The Mind Of A Frightened Liberal Wussy

A friend of mine passed this along to me a while back. It's so sad it's actually kind of funny. Read on:
“Earlier today before I mowed the lawn and had to take some allergy pills, I was at the grocery store. There in the line behind me, when I was checking out, was someone carrying a gun on their hip. I didn't say anything. It's totally legal here in my state, after all. But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech. I can't exactly figure out the how, or the why, or the what of the whole thing.

Maybe I was afraid to speak to the cashier? Maybe I thought that something would happen if I made a sudden move? Like if I pulled out my wallet too fast, the crazy person behind me would think I'm going for a knife to shank him, or somebody else? I mean, who needs a gun in the freaking grocery store? That meat you're buying is already dead, I promise you won't have to shoot it. I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

When I got out to my car, I just sat behind the steering wheel, angry. I wrapped my fingers tightly around the wheel, and just sat there, all tense, feeling uneasy, and flustered about the whole ordeal. I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. I felt like you would after being admonished by an authority figure, when you have no rebuttal. I felt like a child who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I felt like I was the one who had done something wrong.

Why did I feel this way? I'm still pissed about it. If I can figure out why, I can fight it next time. Sorry for venting.”


I kid you not, people – this is a REAL post, on a website called “DemocraticUnderground.com.” You should read some of the responses. I can't get over the stupidity.

In all seriousness, I almost feel sorry for people like this. Why would anyone make the assumption that a person carrying a firearm
in the open is a “crazy person” and they are watching your every move, seemingly just itching to just start firing at the slightest perceived provocation? It seems to me that there's some undiagnosed mental issues if those are your thoughts when you see a firearm.

It disturbs me greatly that this nation has within it so many who think this way, and act as if people freely exercising their Constitutional rights is somehow “abnormal” or wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth, but I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. These are the same people who believe abortion actually is a Constitutional right, after all.
My thoughts when I see someone carrying? “I wonder what make, model, and caliber that is.” ~ Hunter



No comments:

Post a Comment